Monday, April 4, 2011

No time like the crazy-busy time...

I must confess, I'm not a blog reader.  Not to say I haven't been sucked in on the rare occasion where I just have to click on every "friend/follower" of the blog as I feel the pull of a strangers' life...almost voyeuristic like. 

Yet, I'm not a blog writer either.  It feels sorta "attention-whore-ish".  Yup, I said it.  All my real-life blogger friends can gasp knowing that I say that with honesty...and love.  I do have Facebook, but I also don't post that I'm tired, sick, about to walk into Starbucks, or what I'm making for dinner.  My thought has always been, "I don't care what 'xyz' is making for dinner (unless I'm invited or getting leftovers)"...so why should they care what I'm doing 24/7?  I pretty much post pictures...most people like pictures, right?

Well, it seems that people have been caring (and started asking) about something I'm doing...I have successful kids.  Period.  You would think that it would make me a successful parent (but I'll be the first to admit that the verdict is still out on that one...ha).  I get comments pretty regularly about my children and "how I do it".  This may sound like bragging, take it as you will, but my kids are the proof...the one thing I am not is a lazy parent. 
A few weeks ago, I had a staff member at my younger daughter's school ask me to write a book for the school about "successful parenting"...a kind of "how-to"...  I actually laughed and said that no one would read it!  I have good things to say, I have good parenting theories...yet its not a piece of cake to always put them to practice (...which is KEY...and hard...).  Mmmm, cake.

Thus, a blog. 

2 comments:

Debbie Young said...

Mel, I love this idea! As a confirmed attention whore you should know I have also been called a comment whore.
So share your life and I will start whoring around here :)
Love you
deb

Mel said...

Thanks Deb! What a great Whore-friend you are! Love ya! ;-)
xoxox